Saturday, May 7, 2011

DIY Art for my little ladies

Since Lily and baby girl's rooms are right next to each other, I thought it would be cute to add a little art to the wall in front of their bedroom doors.
Nothing too fancy, just dressed up a couple of prints my mom brought back from a trip to Belgium & France years ago. They are street art (my favorite) and I had them in some boring black frames for the longest time, so I thought I would revive them for the girls.
  1. I took the pictures and glass out of said black frames.
  2. Dry brushed, since I wanted a little of the black to show through the paint. Used a free paint sample that I had lying around. After they were dry, I attached the ribbon to the back with a staple gun.
  3. Added a little flower, with some burlap and white fabric and a small rhinestone all glue gunned together. (All of which I had in my craft materials)
  4. The only things I had to buy were two small letters for the girls' initials, which I modpodged with scrapbook paper. Again, just glue gunned to the frame.
Lastly, I hung them outside the girls bedroom doors. 

I love seeing them when I walk through the hall and get excited about having TWO little girls in these rooms soon!
linking up at
 
and
and 
UndertheTableandDreaming

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Hi! I had to come see you because we share a name and you also spell it right! Cute lil project! Good luck with the girls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...