Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Monday Menu Planning & some helpful hints

Week of May 30th
Sunday: FEND (Aaron grabbed Torchy's Tacos and I had a bowl of cereal)
Monday: Aaron Grilling: BBQ Chicken with foil potatoes
Tuesday: Fettucini with Cilantro Jalapeno Pesto
Wednesday: Crock pot Pork Tenderloin
Thursday: Aaron Grilling: Hamburgers
Friday: Spanish Paella adapting from here
Saturday: Taco Night

Helpful hints: Themes help. 
I noticed that I usually make one pasta a week, Aaron grills once a week, use my crock pot once a week etc. If I start with these "themes", i.e. "pasta", it's easier to fill in the blanks next to that "theme", i.e. Fettucini Alfredo.

But remember: 
Things come up, people get sick/tired, plans change and you can always choose to switch things up, make something the next week or not at all and order a pizza. Menu planning isn't a strict set of rules for me causing extra stress because I forgot to defrost the chicken or don't have a can of tomato paste. Instead, it's a game plan or rough outline that makes the day move more smoothly so I don't have to worry about what we are eating for dinner!

I also found great Menu Planning Boards on Pinterest and had to share!
via
via
via
via
via

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...