Friday, April 17, 2009

Love Too

I'm decided the best way to get your art/craft/design to sell out is include it in a major motion picture. I am in love with Carrie Bradshaw's redecorated apartment in Sex and the City the movie. I love the color of the walls, the clean white furniture, the fabrics, and the infamous LOVE painting.


So when I was asked to create a 5"x7" piece of art for an elementary school auction my first thought was to create something similiar. A one word "faith" , "love", "family" al a Anthropologie and inspired by Carrie's Bradshaw's painting in the movie. With such small dimensions, I wanted something simple, subtle, and with mass appeal for all the soccer moms :)

Apparently Love Too, which is actually a wall hanging by Paul Smith, is hard to find. After googling I was led to several bloggers who were searching for the same piece. It was bought from The Rug Company for the set design, but even Mr. Smith's web site is sold out and there aren't any other online shopping outlets carrying it... too bad. I would love to hang it in my office!

Here is Love, also by Paul Smith.


Also, Casasugar has a great write up about Carrie's apartment. So pretty!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...