Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's 9pm, and I'm ready for bed.

Started back in Febuary, and finished up today:

Oh my gosh, life is sooooo different with a baby! I can barely remember what I did before Lily was born. I think I went out to dinner more, and maybe went to yoga on a regular basis, stayed up later maybe, but I can't be sure since I don't have much memory left at all.

I like to get things done fast. Super fast. I don't need any one's help, because frankly they can't do it as fast or as right as I can. That has completely changed: "Sure, Lita, you can put away the dishes for me. No, that pot doesn't go there, and I probably won't be able to find it the next time I need it, but that's okay. Same goes for that pile of laundry. I don't mind digging through A's drawers to find my gym socks. No, that's not usually the brand of detergent I buy, but sure I'll take it because I still have more dirty clothes than clean ones at this point."


The times that I have to myself these days feel like I've escaped from a life sentence. Last week, A watched Lily while I went to get a much anticipated pedicure, and as I turned the corner out of our neighborhood with my monster Diet Coke in hand, and my InStyle magazine in the passenger seat, I opened the sunroof, and yelled "FREEEEDum", at the top of my lung, a la Braveheart. I was downright giddy.

I also didn't realize that I could be entertained for hours with watching my baby's eyebrows move up and down: "Look, A, she did it again, no no watch, watch, she's doing it again!"

And exercise comes in all forms these days. For instance, Lily's first laugh came when I sat her on my belly while I was lying down, and when I lifted my head to get closer to her, she let out a chuckle. Every time I lifted my head, she would do it again. It's been the most consistent way to get her to laugh, and for me to get in an ab workout.

Some things have remained the same, or are much more enforced. Like obligatory picture taking. We have no less that 100 pictures from Easter. Lily's first major holiday. Also on Easter came the obligatory coordinating outfits. No, not matching, just colors that look compliment each other, like my silver grey dress, Lily's lavender dress, and A's silvery lavender tie. See? Cute, not cheesy. I'd show you, but I don't have the pictures uploaded from our camera yet. Again, something I would immediately do and post to Facebook, B.L. (Before Lily).


We do watch just as much TV as we used to, and drink almost as much wine because sometimes that is all we have energy for after Lily falls asleep. And we try to see our friends and family as much as possible if only so someone else will hold the baby. :)


All kidding aside, I really love our little family and all our new changes.

2 comments:

danielle said...

you are funny!!! crazy how one little precious baby can change your life so much.. but it is so so wonderful!

Marisa said...

Completely. I hope it doesn't sound like I don't love it. Because I SO do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...