Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Well... our little Easter weekend didn't really go according to plan...

Started with a great Saturday morning. I made an early morning excursion to Lowe's to pick up a free tree for Earth Day (and the celebration continued...). Aaron was so excited! He thought I would be bringing home some humongous fruit tree or something, even asked me if I was sure it would fit in the car... This is what I came home with. Uh, yeah babe, I made it back just fine. 

After breakfast Lily and I headed to Home Depot to pick up some more plants, and this is the loot we came home with!

Petunias, sugar ann peas, bungainvillea, and a blueberry bush. Not to mention the tiny pine from Lowes.

We had plans to get to work planting everything but a nap was in order according to Miss Lil. Her usual one hour nap turned into a three hour snooze fest. This should have been my first clue that something was wrong... So, when Sleeping Beauty work up, we met Lita for lunch and then changed into her Easter dress to visit the Easter Bunny at the mall. Ugh. SUCH a bad idea. It was hot. It was crowded. There was a cheesy model and talent search happening right next to the Easter Bunny. Lily was NOT having any of it. She wasn't a fan of the bunny at our neighborhood egg hunt, so I wasn't shocked that she was tentative about meeting Mr. Bunny, but this girl had a vice grip on me. She was visibly upset, and would not let me know. So, mommy joined her in the picture, sunglasses on my head and all. Here is the final product. First and last time we will visit the Easter Bunny at the mall. Can you believe I paid $30 for this picture? All for the memories friends...

We came home because Lily was yawning and acting sleepy, she went down for a second two hour nap. I knew something was wrong. Checked her temp when she woke up and she was at 102.5. So, marathon of Tylenol ensued, along with a warm bath and the like.

Unfortunately we woke up Sunday morning to more of the same. She slept late, and was warm to the touch when we got her up, so Easter Mass was definitely out of the question. A had to go to work, on Easter-- I know!-- so we spent the morning playing with the goodies that the Easter Bunny left behind and watching the Princess and the Frog.

Lily took another long nap and then we headed to Lita's house for a semi-Easter lunch. My whole side of the family was getting together to celebrate a block away and we were missing out. It would be a lie to say I wasn't disappointed, but in the interest of keeping all my cousins healthy we opted to stay home. A got home from work a few hours later and our Easter dinner consisted of Sonic hot dogs and tater tots. There's always next year...

Update: Took Lily to the doctor this morning, and turns out she just has a little virus, nothing serious. 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...