Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Random Bits and Pieces....


  • Sydney turned 6 weeks old on Monday! Wahoo, I feel like we are developing a pretty good eating and napping schedule although she is still having a little trouble at night. At least she is out of our bed for most of the night. Wahoo! Moving her to her crib in two weeks, let the countdown begin...
  • Lily is such a toddler. She is full of life and we can barely keep up with her these days. She has a very full vocabulary, loves to try all kinds of food and activities. This girl knows no fear, she is climbing on everything, diaper boxes, plastic totes, barstools, you name it. We are working on "sharing" and "touching gently" right now. It's a constant battle.
  • C25K is in full gear! I'm in my third week and haven't missed a run! I found my stride again somewhere in week two and I'd like to thank Lady Gaga and Beyonce for that. It's hard finding the time and energy, but killer Pandora stations definitely make it easier. 
  • We've been barely surviving this triple degree heat and trying to find indoor activities for the girls and I to do. So far we've done a lot of shopping, play dates with friends, gone to the children's museum, and venturing to the library next week. We've been hitting the nearby parks and our neighborhood pool as often as possible too!
  • I find myself daydreaming about Fall with cooler temperatures, a more regular schedule, and college football!! I think I'll regret this when we are constantly busy and the lazy days of summer are behind us.
  • Speaking of football, I found Friday Night Lights on Netflix and I'm hooked. It's always on during nap time or after the girls go to bed!
  • Gearing up for a weekend trip back to my hometown without my girls to celebrate birthdays and other happenings with friends from college. I was pretty excited when I booked my flight, but now I am worrying about being away from my little family and putting all that pressure on Aaron...I feel like it might be too soon...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...