Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Cleaning

earned me some new clothes!

I LOVE Target. I love how everything is so affordable! Since I work with kids and art supplies these days, I don't like to spend a lot on things I wear to class, but I still want to look cute and somewhat professional. I found some fun things at Target on Sunday after my closet clean out.

I can't find the cute cream top, or the fun brown sandals that I bought, but I did find the denim Bermudas-- I think I will have them hemmed right above the knee since I have such short legs.



and I'm debating on whether or not to keep this denim dress. I like the idea wearing it for day with a cardigan or maybe to dinner with fun earrings and heels. Right? or wrong?


Also... I am so excited that Naturally Thin and Jillian's 30 Day Shred arrived yesterday!

I tried out Jillian's DVD last night, thinking "I got this. 20 minutes? please." I was so wrong. It is tough. It's broken down into three mini cardio, strength, and ab workouts with no stopping, hence the reason for it only being 20 minutes. Switching from the cardio to strength routines is rough, but the ab routine could use something more. It was pretty easy, but she might have designed way. I'm starting with level 1 this week-- can't wait to try level 3!

Halfway finished with Naturally Thin, and it's also great! Such smart little tidbits of advice that make total sense. Although, I see this book as more of a weight management tool than a weight loss tool. Maybe it's the way I'm programmed, but I still need to see that I'm eating less calories than I'm burning for reassurance that the number on the scale will be going down.

Bethany doesn't promote that at all. In fact, her catch phrases "taste everything, eat nothing" and "you can have everything, just not everything at once" are the essence of her book. She believes you shouldn't count anything and instead pay attention to what your body wants/needs and you will become naturally thin! I'm willing to try this out for two weeks and see if it will make a difference without me constantly counting my calories, and the minutes I'm working out.

Wish me luck!

~M

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...