Thursday, May 26, 2011

Farfalle Pasta & Chicken




I love when you think you are going to make one thing, and then it turns into something else entirely because you realize you don't have half the ingredients you were supposed to use. Well, that happened to me on Tuesday and it was a happy accident. I loved the way my new pasta dish turned out. It's such a great summer recipe. This is where I started, and here is what I came up with:

Be sure to check out my Menu Planning & Recipes for more goodies, and follow me to see new ones posted weekly.

what you need

3 cups farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 lb.  boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin stripstsp of garlic salt1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup zucchini, sliced and halved (I used this one)4 radishes grated
1/4 cup italian dressing
1 can (14 oz.) diced italian tomatoes3 oz fresh spinach
1/4 cup  chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup finely shredded italian blend
make it




COOK pasta as directed on package, adding peas to boiling water the last 3 min.
MEANWHILE, cook and stir chicken with garlic salt  in large nonstick skillet 3 to 4 min. or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Add onions, zucchini, radishes and dressing to skillet; cook 5 min. or until onions are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Return chicken to skillet. Stir in diced tomatoes and spinach. Bring to boil; simmer covered on medium-low heat 3 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
DRAIN pasta mixture. Add to skillet with parsley and cheese; stir gently Serve immediately.


Linking up at:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...